News & Events
- CANR students recognized by MSU Board of Trustees
- Brewing and distilled beverage courses available
- Introduction to Human Nutrition Online Course
- HNF 445 2013-14 enrollment form available
- Dietetics major entry requirement
Welcome to the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at Michigan State University. We invite you to explore our web site and discover our nationally recognized academic, research and outreach programs. Our department is home to 36 faculty, 45 graduate students and more than 650 undergraduate students. Our faculty and staff are active in research to solve contemporary issues in food production, quality and safety, as well as nutrient function and applications to health and chronic disease prevention. We are committed to excellence and the application of knowledge and expertise in classrooms, laboratories and communities. Tour our updated research and educational facilities and do not forget to try the world-class ice cream and cheese available through our MSU Dairy Store!